I've tried to find information about understanding syncing account information on Android but cannot find any definitive guide to answer the below questions
- What does syncing actually mean? Is it the act of an app contacting a server in the cloud and making sure they are both have indentical information?
- What information can be synced on Android? The obvious ones are Contacts, Calendars, etc, but can any information be synced?
- How do you determine what accounts information is synced to:
- SMS/texts? Are these tied to a specific account or is it just on the phone.
- Is syncing limited to Google, or can an App use a properity server?
- When deleting an account, all of it's associated information is deleted. So does that include SMS messages, apps?
- How do you just transfer all information from one email address to another?
Excuse my ignorance regarding the above, again I couldn't find any information on these topics.
All of these questions have sprung from changing my Gmail account from googlemail.com (which was originally used to activate my phone) to gmail.com and it's caused some side-effects when I've added my new gmail account to the phone, such as calendar no longer syncs, contacts are now duplicated on the phone, etc. I'd like to transfer my googlemail account to gmail on my phone.