Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I Have an HTC DESIRE which I upgraded to Gingerbread recently. My friend told me about Galnet MIUI for Desire, and now I want to root my device. Is this possible? These are my phone's specs:

Android Version  2.3.3
Base band version -
Kernel Version
Build No 3.14.405.1 CL 96875
share|improve this question
The "low storage space" issue has been covered in the past (particularly regarding the Desire). You can take a look at this question for some good information. – eldarerathis Aug 30 '11 at 13:07
Also related: How to root a HTC Desire running official Android 2.3? – Izzy Feb 6 '13 at 14:12


  • Rooting allows you to install a custom recovery (Clockwork Mod or AmonRa) to install ROMs
  • S-OFF allows you to change the HBOOT to rearrange your internal partitions

I rooted with Unrevoked before I used Alpharev's S-OFF some months later

Nowadays it's easier apparently. You can get S-OFF with Unrevoked Forever too but I'm not sure your phone is supported. And Unrevoked/Alpharev teamed up for revolutionary

Finally, there are many ROMS out there, some are better then others. I use Oxygen personally with the Oxygen HBOOT for 330MB internal data space. I'd use Devnull (same developers) but it doesn't have long press to kill

share|improve this answer

For rooting HTC Desire 2.3.3 official update you have to use beta app. Its very simple process. You've to download the program on your computer (Windows/Linux), get the beta key from the website and follow the steps the program asks you to do. I've written a detailed blog here if you want.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.