I've had my Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 (AT&T) for about 2 months now and everything has been great up until yesterday. I started experiencing some freezing and strange behavior. The phone is unrooted and using the stock ROM.
The problems include but are not limited to:
- Random freezing when the phone is locked (by pressing the power button). Always have to do a hard reset.
- Random notifications about MTP initialization when no USB cable has been plugged into the phone.
- Vlingo Voice command (come preloaded on the phone) randomly popping up/starting without anything being pressed.
- Sometimes when I power off the phone it doesn't actually turn off completely but just restarts.
- Plugging in the USB cable while the phone is off turns it on (I don't think this is default behavior).
- And just recently I've had some strange touchscreen issues. Random letters being typed that I haven't touched etc.
These issues are not constant but occur intermittently. I've already performed a factory reset, but the problems persist. Since I have yet to read about anyone else having similar problems with their phones, this leads me to believe that it's not actually an issue with the stock ROM but an issue with the phone itself and the hardware. But before I take it back to AT&T I wanted to get some input from you guys. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance.