I bought a Galaxy Ace. It initially came with:
- Gingerbread 2.3.3
- Build is GINGERBREAD.XWPKY, for regions France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, UK
With that, let me add that I am from the Philippines. And I know that there's a 2.3.4 Asian ROM update (DXKPD) as per here: http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archives/have-you-updated-your-samsung-galaxy-phones-to-gingerbread-yet
But Kies doesn't show any update. So I thought that Samsung has not released an update for that European region, and concluded that I might need to change it to my region. (Although my local carrier was able to send me GPRS settings while under this region).
So that's what I did. I used Odin on 2 attempts I did so far. I flashed it FIRST with a different region ROM (Germany, I think). SECOND time, I got it right. I now have 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD.DXKPD via Odin and using an OFFICIAL 2.3.4 Asian ROM from this page (MediaFire link): http://rumah-android.com/new-stock-rom-android-2-3-4-s5830dxkpd-for-asia.html
Here's what troubles me.
- Regardless if there's an update or not, Samsung Kies tells me that I couldn't update my firmware even if it's an official ROM.
- I can't get GPRS settings now that the region's changed.
Finally, the questions:
- Is it possible that my phone is locked to that European region? Is there such a thing?
- Or did I use an unofficial ROM?
- What should I do next from here?
I'm sorry this is too long. I'm confused and I just need clarifications. I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance.