What I'd like to see:
- When idling, the screen turns off after the configured amount of time.
What I see:
- When I don't do anything, the screen dims a bit after ~23 seconds, then at 30 seconds it turns off as expected.
I have no idea why this dimming short before the screen timeout happens and where to disable it.
- Automatic Brightness disabled, brightness set to the lowest level.
- Screen time-out at 30 seconds.
- Auto adjust screen power disabled.
- Timeout for lock screen is zero (Immediately).
- Use Power saving mode is enabled (it sets the screen brightness to 10% at less than 20% battery power left). Disabling it had no effect.
This happens with Android 2.3.6 (no idea if it worked before the update).