Especially in Japan/Korea, there are many proprietary apps to quickly share your name+email+phone. Example here. They all work the same way:
- At first use, enter your name, email, phone: It generates "your" QR code.
Whenever you meet someone and want to keep in touch:
- Launch the app, it instantly shows your QR code
- The other person scans it, and can add you as a contact without typing anything.
- Extremely fast, should take less time than a web page load.
- Fit to screen size for easier scanning, maybe even make the screen brighter temporarily.
- Options to show a different QR code for carriers that use a special format.
QUESTION: Is there an Open Source app that does this?
If not, I might create one, but I prefer to ask first.
Almost nobody uses Bump here in Japan, making it pointless.