After choosing a default program for an action, every time an app gets updated that relates to that action, the OS unnecessarily asks which program to use. I can't be the only one to be aggravated by this defect.
It's especially irritating for apps that get updated frequently and serve multiple intents.
Here is the scenario:
- User installs app (for instance, a new web browser-Dolphin)
- User performs intent (for instance clicking a hyperlink from an email)
- Android OS asks user which app to use.
- User selects Dolphin browser, checks check box at the bottom of the popup window with the label "Use As Default" and selects new web browser app.
- Android Market installs new update for Dolphin.
- User performs same intent as #2 (clicking a hyperlink from an email)
- Android OS forgets "use as default" setting and Android OS asks user which app to use. [Steps 3-7 repeat ad infinitum]
The bug occurs at step 7.
I submitted a bug report for this issue. In the meantime, is there an app that works around it?