Is there a way to block access to or wipe my Google data for a lost/stolen phone
I would like to know what is the best/recommended practice to prepare myself to the day when my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Ace) will be stolen.
In the ideal world I would like to be able to accomplish (in order of importance):
- Secure my personal data stored on the phone. In particular, by personal data I mean emails accounts, calendar etc. Furthermore, by secure I can live with remotely permanently erase the sensitive data.
- Enhance the chances of retrieving the phone. This can be accomplished basing on:
- Physically locating the phone (using GPS)
- Communicate with the finder/thief
- Turing my phone into as unique one (making loud noises or blinking screen)
- Remotely manage/access the phone
These are the main things I could think of as important in this future case. If you think I missed something, feel free to correct me. If I used non standard terminology please let me know.