Pretty much what the title states.
The Android CDD says of the Accelerometer
- MUST be able to deliver events at 50 Hz or greater
- MUST comply with the Android sensor coordinate system as detailed in the Android APIs (see [ Resources, 41])
- MUST be capable of measuring from freefall up to twice gravity (2g) or more on any three-dimensional vector
- MUST have 8-bits of accuracy or more
- MUST have a standard deviation no greater than 0.05 m/s^2
So I find myself wondering - would it be possible to measure one's mass by taking a short hop with the device strapped to chest/waist? The raw accelerometer data would provide the duration and acceleration encountered on both upward/downward leg (pun unintended) of the hop.