Sometimes my phone gets into a state where one of the core functions - audio, wifi, bluetooth - is in a somehow broken state. Example symptoms:
- wifi cannot see any available networks
- wifi attempts to connect but always fails
- other devices cannot connect to wifi tethering hotspot
- bluetooth cannot see any other devices
- bluetooth connection to headset is established, but no audio comes through
- it is impossible to turn bluetooth on (any attempt just processes for a while, and bluetooth remains off)
- audio doesn't play anything at all, not to an external device nor through internal speaker (and yes, the volume is set correctly)
- audio output is stuck at very low volume
Rebooting the phone always fixes the issues in these conditions. However, rebooting this thing takes a silly amount of time, especially if you count in the initialization phase where the phone is online, but so laggy you practically can't do anything.
Is there a way to restart / reinitialize specific core services without rebooting? How?
Note: I'm not talking about turning the features on/off from settings of from a widget. It does help in some cases, but not always.
The phone is GT-S5570 running Android 2.2.1. The phone is rooted, so solutions that require root are welcome.