I am kind of new to Android and smartphones.
Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro Model number: MK16a Android version: 2.3.4
So far, I have been able to find the following sources:
- I first saw this XDA-Developers thread. It seems relatively complicated. (And I haven't had much experience with the Linux shell either, so I shy away from this...)
- The previous thread linked to this thread, which was 'easier'.
- However, reading the instructions, I need ADB drivers or something. No clue how to get these.
- Also, avast has blocked parts of the file from downloading. (Zerg rush...?) I can disable avast's web shield temporarily, if you guys recommend this method.
- This article which mentions a thread similar to the previous one.
- Android Forums - Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro: All Things Root Guide.
I would rather do this using as foolproof, easy, and unlikely-to-brick method as possible.