All right, I have fouled up my Galaxy S while trying to install Cyanogenmod after rooting with Odin.
I now have the clockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168 and I am trying to select the cyanogen Update .zip from my SD card. Neither option Apply sdcard:update.zip and install zip from sdcard work
Apply sdcard:update.zip simply yield this message:
E: Can't open /mnt/sdcard/update.zip. No such file or directory. Installation aborted. Mind that I have already renamed the Cyanogen file to update.zip
install zip from sdcard does not show the sd directory. The Update.zip is nowhere to be found.
Steps taken so far:
- I have already wiped all the caches (Dalvik and otherwise) and reset.
- This guy's solution did not help either: Why is CyanogenMod zip not being found when I try to install it?
- I wanted to copy the zip directly to the internal storage (according to this tutorial), but I don't have access to it anymore. When I connect the phone to my computer, it is does not pop up as an external drive.
Other possibly relevant information:
- After the root, there was a boot loop, which I ignored.
- Shoot me, but there is no backup
- Edit: My firmware was XWJW5, Version 2.3.6
- Is there any way I can still access the cyanogenmod file - or any other file - on my SD card?
- Can my Galaxy S be saved somehow?
- Among the myriad of options to root your device out there, which one could help me?