Take the 2-minute tour ×
Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have a Samsung Galaxy player that has been giving me the message "Charging paused. Battery temperature too high or too low". I left it unplugged and powered down all night, and it still gave me the message as soon as I turned it on. The battery should be at room temperature. I've turned it off and on several times. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back. I have no idea what's wrong. It's been working fine for the past 9 months. Can anyone help?

share|improve this question
    
Have you checked “Charging paused. Battery temperature too high” while connected to car charger if it might apply? Though this is probably another cause, as you explicitly state it happens also just after power-up. –  Izzy Sep 2 '12 at 15:01
    
Did you turned ON Wi-Fi Hotspot / MobileAP? –  Sachin Shekhar Sep 2 '12 at 18:53
    
Probably your battery is dead, get a cheap replacement on ebay which will cost you some 6-15EUR. @SachinShekhar: the Galaxy Player has no GSM, it's only for surfing, music and such. –  ce4 Sep 7 '12 at 11:06
    
@ce4 Alright. Didn't know about that.. thanks. :) –  Sachin Shekhar Sep 7 '12 at 16:28

3 Answers 3

I left my phone in the car on a cold night, and it said it couldn't charge because the temperature was too high or too low. All I did was let it warm up in my house for 15 minutes. Then, I plugged it in, and everything was fine.

share|improve this answer

I know this is an old post but, I just had this problem and found a good solution so thought I'd post the answer here in case someone else is looking for the same help.

Power down the phone. Take the battery out for 20+ seconds. Plug in the charger. Put the battery back in. Turn the phone back on.

share|improve this answer

AFAIK the temperature sensor that measures the battery is built-in (in the battery). In your case either the battery is defective, because it get's to hot immediately when charging or the sensor is defective. Either way, I think you have to replace the battery with a new one.

Before you replace the battery you should rule out a software error by doing a factory reset to see if the problem persists.

share|improve this answer
1  
It's been fine for months, and I don't think it ever overheated. Why wshould it be having issues like that now? –  Patrick Sep 2 '12 at 14:52
2  
Things tend to break from one moment to another. –  Flow Sep 2 '12 at 15:06
    
Nope. Just bought a brand new battery and having the same problem. Any other ideas? –  Patrick Sep 2 '12 at 19:52

protected by Community Jun 1 '13 at 23:25

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality answers, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site.

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.