I am using a Huawei Honor Device running the official Ice Cream Sandwich. I use the wifi tethering quite often to get my notebook online, and realized following behavior:
- I am connected to Wifi. Everything works fine.
- After a random while, between 15 minutes or 4 hours, the Internet connection times out on my notebook.
- Internet is still working on the device itself though.
- My notebook is shown as connected on the overview list via its MAC Address
- Disabling, enabling Wifi Tethering does not resolve this.
- Only cause of action: reboot the whole phone and then start wifi tethering again.
I am wondering if this is an issue known to multiple Android devices or if this is a hardware issue. If this is software-related, I also am wondering what I could do to resolve this. Factory reset should only be last resort and I am hoping to avoid that.
UPDATE: This also happens on USB tethering. This makes me think that the issue is unrelated to either wifi or USB, but resides somewhere in the way Android handles the Internet connection. It just suddenly loses connection.