Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there any way to use Microsoft Streets & Trips on an android device such as Galaxy Tab 2 or Google Nexus?

share|improve this question
Did they make an Android app? Is there a web app that'll work on a mobile device? If not, then no. – Al E. Nov 30 '12 at 2:58
No they don't have an app. I'm looking for an emulator or a terminal app which hosts by a platform like Citrix or Windows Azure. I'll probably setup my own terminal server and try to access it on android – Ned Nov 30 '12 at 3:07
Your question really is: "How do I run an arbitrary Windows program on Android?" – Al E. Nov 30 '12 at 3:09
@AlEverett Well, i opened a related topic here:… – Ned Dec 5 '12 at 18:43
up vote 6 down vote accepted

There are several RDP/VNC application on Android, which can be used to "run" any Windows application.

What you basically need to do is fairly straightforward:

  1. Setup a server or virtual machine running a Windows machine
  2. Install a RDP/VNC viewer on your Android
  3. Configure the viewer to connect to the server

Citrix and Azure virtualization platform can be accessed by regular off-the-shelf RDP viewer. As an alternative, many open source or off-the-shelf virtualization software like VirtualBox or VMWare also supports RDP or VNC protocol for remote displays of their virtual machines.

How to set up the server is outside the scope of [], try [superuser] or [serverfault]. Once the server is setup, it's fairly straightforward to setup the Android part, come back with a more specific question if you had trouble when you get there.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.