i have a new Nexus 4 (i.e. Jellybean 4.2.1), and i want to backup my current Nexus 4 and restore it onto the new Nexus 4. How can i do that?
i've tried going into Settings -> Backup & reset -> Back up my data to ensure my phone is backed up. When the new device is first setup it automatically tries to restore settings from Google's Servers:
Except that not everything was restored. Amongst the things that are not restored are:
- applications are not restored (a new version is downloaded from the store)
- application settings are not restored
- pictures, videos, camera, videos, saved files are not restored
wallaper is not restored
- unlock pattern is not restored
- preferences are not restored
- icon layout is not restored
- Messaging conversations are not restored
- Talk conversation history is not restored
- recent calls are not restored
- custom ringtones are not restored
- custom notification sounds are not restored
i've tried downloading an application called App Backup & Restore. But because there is no external storage on the Nexus 4, there is no way to copy the backup off the phone.
Also, App Backup & Restore cannot backup app settings for me. From the web-site:
Notice: App Backup cannot backup data or settings of apps for you
Neither can Quick Backup.
So my question remains:
How can i backup and restore my Nexus 4?
Note: i have no interest in rooting my phone, as that is now a criminal offense in Canada. And even if it weren't illegal; i'd still prefer the option that doesn't void the warrantee, risk voiding the warrantee, is irreversible, has the possibility of being irreversible, or changing the phone away from the original, stock, intended version of Google's own Jellybean.