Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I tried to install the new Jelly Bean on my Samsung Galaxy Fit, but it got stuck during installation with an error on /tmp/ Now, my original Android OS lost.

How can I recover my phone using software that works on Ubuntu (12.4)?

I am able to access "download mode". I need to transfer the update file (BENI_v1.0.ops) to the device.

share|improve this question
You can do so using the right software and the correct steps. Sorry if this answer doesn't help you -- but it's as precise and detailed as your question. If you need more details, so do we: What exactly happened, where did you get stuck, can you still boot into recovery or at least download mode... Please include at least those basics. – Izzy Feb 20 '13 at 7:40
Yes, I able to access downloading mode and boot mode. I am looking for right ubuntu based software so I can transfer files(like BENI_v1.0.ops) to devices. I have copied new android jally bean os in sdcard. but when i am going to install it, it error: /tmp/ – user1635700 Feb 20 '13 at 9:18
I am getting error: /tmp/ may be due to root access permission, but how to resolve it. !! – user1635700 Feb 20 '13 at 9:23
Though that's at least some additional information (hint: you can edit your question to include more details -- I will do so now with those details you've just provided), it's still not enough. Where did you get that update from? Is it really compatible with your device? What instructions have you been following? Keep in mind that things obvious to you (as you did those steps) are most likely hidden to us, as we didn't sit next to you. – Izzy Feb 20 '13 at 9:51

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.