Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

So the phone can only boot to "ClockworkMod Recovery" due to unknown reason.

Is there a way to transfer files between my phone's internal memory and my computer? There is no SD card slot on the phone.

I don't have any other ROM in my phone which means I can't flash anything but the official ROM (through download mode) which I think will remove all the files.

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

This suggestion assumes familiarity with connecting to the phone via ADB

I had a similar situation on my previous phone. I was able to pull the important stuff over ADB when the phone was in recovery. In my case I had to mount some of the filesystems to access everything I wanted to retrieve.

I'm not sure if it is dependent on the phone whether the ADB service is available in recovery. On mine it was available in both recovery and download mode.

If ADB on your computer recognizes and can connect to your phone you should be able to retrieve and save any files you need.

If you aren't familiar with ADB this is a good place to start:

If you need any help with it let me know, ADB is a whole other topic so keeping it simple here.

share|improve this answer
Also interesting for an introduction to ADB, providing further links to tutorials etc: What's ADB and why is it used for? How do I install it on my device? – Izzy Feb 21 '13 at 7:46

On my CWM I have "mount USB storage" option under the menu "mounts and storage".

share|improve this answer
but this option does not necessarily working. It may not be responding at all – Raptor Feb 5 '14 at 10:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.