Twice now my Nexus 7 has randomly rebooted while it was charging and the date was changed to December 31, 1999 and the time has been changed; this time it was set six hours ahead. Does anyone know what's going on and how to stop it?
Update: It just happened again today, 4/28/13. This time the time was set 2 hours ahead. It's been charging every time this has happened.
- I use the original charger and cable. However, the charging port is a little bent and I can't do a data connection to a PC, and it can be a little hard to get it to charge sometimes.
- I do not use any docks.
- My Android version is 4.2.2
- I updated the Android version myself using ClockWorkMod Recovery as I am rooted.
- I have 63 apps installed.
- I do not use task killers.
- I have not yet done a factory reset since I won't be able to re-root (see note about charger above) and it would take quit a while to re-download everything since I only have internet occasionally. I will do a factory reset only if it's the last resort.
This isn't too big of a problem, just annoying.