Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I flashed my Samsung Galaxy S with 4.1.1 through Odin. But I didn't like it, so I wanted to restore it to Android 2.3 -- and and while restoring it, my computer suddenly restarted and my mobile phone turned off.

Now the problem is that when I try to open my mobile it doesn't respond.the screen gives me nothing. When I try to start it in download or recovery mode it does the same.

I tried to connect it to my PC but nothing happened. When I charge it, it gives me nothing.

I replaced the battery and it did the same.I connected the jig(301k), nothing.

Is there anything I can do to revive my phone?

share|improve this question

It sounds like you have hard-bricked your phone. The only thing you can do to get it back is send it in to get it jtagged, or jtag it yourself. The jtagging process is quite complex and unless you have a lot of experience in hardware hacking, you probably should just send it in to have someone else do it right.

I had a similar situation to the one you're in:

Which ultimately led to:

I returned my phone to AT&T under warranty and they just send me a new one. I did a lot of research on AT&T and Samsung to see their policies on returned phones. Basically after searching the internet for a couple of days I had concluded that the general consensus is this:

Should you return a bricked phone that you were trying to root? No, it is a breach of the warranty and the warranty is null and void

Will I get caught if I try to return a phone that I bricked while trying to root it? Highly unlikely.

If your device is not under warranty, then you have to send it in to get jtagged. In order for your phone to get jtagged, they have to open it up and do all sorts of stuff to it. If your warranty is still in effect, I would highly recommend going that route first.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.