I own a brand new Samsung Galaxy I5510 (Android 2.2). Everything works fine and I really like the device.
My problem is:
Every time Some times I receive a message from a phone number that is not in my contact list, the phone continues receiving it every few hours.
Facts I pointed out:
- The time between those messages is not constant.
- It never happened when the number was in my contact list.
- Deleting the thread does not solve the problem.
- The senders do not fool me and send the message again and again.
- It seems to stop after a day or two.
- restart of the phone does not solve the problem.
- I am not sure if it really receives the message again or if it just copies the old one.
Does anybody has an idea what could cause the described behavior?
EDIT: Another point why it is not likely to be a provider issue: I never received a duplicated message while the phone was turned off. Means: I never switched the phone on in the morning and received one or more such messages instantly.
EDIT 2: I looked through all the phone log. It happened by now for two numbers. Both were not in my contact list. The occurencies and their time of day are:
15:38 17:23 19:19 21:41 00:37 phone off 13:20 16:12 20:48 phone off 09:59 10:16 14:10 phone off 12:46 21:04 -------- 13 times
23:39 phone off 12:20 13:09 14:44 16:16 17:51 19:28 21:02 23:39 phone off 07:28 08:16 09:32 10:51 12:17 15:28 17:00 18:27 20:04 21:21 22:47 -------- 20 times
Message from numbers that did not repeat:
+491762**21169 +491797**1598 +436508**7821 +336782**105