I have the Galaxy S Wifi 5 Player, I have a rooted ROM I installed more than a year ago.
I completely forgot the process of ROM installation and I hope someone can sum up a checklist so I don't find myself with a bricked device.
Note: I've backed up all the data on my device, so I don't care about the current data.
The deal is I want to install this ROM.
Here are the installation instructions:
Installation on the Galaxy Player 5.0/ Galaxy S 5.0
- Installing from cm10.1/ Updating PAC
- Download rom and latest gapps
- Download the appropriate Sultan kernel or KKernel if you want
- Put the files on your device
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe dalvik cache
- At what order should I install the zips? "or do adb sideload if you want" - what's that?
- From any other rom do same as above, but in addition, wipe data, dalvik, system, and dbdata (look under mounts and storage)
I don't understand these (of the above list):
1) don't know what's cm10.1/Updating PAC (how do I?)
2) what's gapps
3) what are they and how to install them? are they mandatory?
4) at what location?
7) how do I install the zips? what's adb sideload?