These steps only work on Windows 7, which allows you to set up a Wireless Hosted Network.
To do so, the easiest way is to install either Virtual Router or Connectify
These programs will set up your computer to pass through the wifi connection
Then on the Android device:
- Go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings
- Open Advance settings menu
- Tick the Use static IP option
- Enter your desired IP address (ex: 192.168.2.2) into Ip Address field
- Enter your IPV4 Address (ex. 192.168.2.1) into Gateway field
- Enter 255.255.255.0 into Netmask field
- Enter your internet connection’s DNS server (use ipconfig /all command to get DNS info) into DNS 1 and DNS 2. As an alternative, you can use Google Public DNS: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Connect to Wi-Fi using your password
- Disable and Enable Wi-Fi (in case if it won’t connect)
- Check the connection using browser or other application.
Visit the site for more details!