My HTC Desire Z has developed an issue (well several, but just one for this question) where it doesn't always notify me of a new message. When a new message arrives, I expect:
- the phone to beep (well ring tone), and
- there to be an indicator in the notification area until I look at the message or clear notifications.
This does happen the majority of the time, but sometimes neither of these things happen. But if I open the Messages app, there is the new message. This is really quite annoying, so does anyone know ways to fix this? Are there alternative SMS apps that might be different, or is this functionality an OS thing? Would using, say, CyanogenMod fix it, or at least be worth a try? Is it possible that the formatting of particular contacts would cause such a problem? Any other ideas?
- Phone: HTC Desire Z (Vodafone UK)
- Android: 2.2.1
- Kernel: 220.127.116.11-g540976a htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
- Build Number: 18.104.22.168 CL296256 release-keys