Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a method of tabbing between web fields in the Android browser, similar to how one would with the Tab key on a PC. Is there a keyboard or another app that will enable this?

share|improve this question

migrated from Mar 7 '11 at 1:45

This question came from our site for computer enthusiasts and power users.

Related: How do I type a tab character? – Matthew Read Sep 9 '11 at 21:17

If you have a device with a D-pad like the Droid it will allow you to jump from element to element on a website like the tab button on a computer keyboard. I believe the devices with a trackball like the N1 also allow this. I've seen some apps that offer an on screen "virtual" D-pad but I can't seen to find them now.

share|improve this answer

Try Hacker's Keyboard, it has a Tab key, at least in the layouts I use. The keyboard can be pretty space-consuming on smaller screens, so be warned.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.