I have a Samsung Captivate.
This week, it's wi-fi stopped working.
To be more precise, it's wi-fi recognizes there is a wi-fi router nearby (my home's), and tries to connect. But it immediately disables and tries again in an unending loop.
- I have not tried connecting on another hotspot.
- I have installed a couple of programs this week, but I don't remember any of them being wi-fi related.
- I recently put JuiceDefender on aggresive mode, but now I've disabled it, and wi-fi still doesn't work.
- Tried enabling/disabling Flight Mode, but no success.
- I've restarted my phone a couple of times.
I managed to connect to a nearby hotspot, so I'm guessing the router is the problem. It is a 5yrs+ old router (linksys). What's strange is that my PC is connected to the router by LAN cable, and still works. Also, I was able to enter it's configuration page (192.168.1.1). Probably some hardware is damaged.
NOW I´m confused. I connected to my router with an old low-grade tablet I forgot I had, with no problems. I'm guessing now that the problem must be some app I installed on my phone.
I just had to press the router's reset button on the back, and now my phone is connecting. Thanks to all who commented!