Android OS Version 2.1, aka Eclair. Please only use operating system tags when your question is truly specific to the OS!
The following are some of the new features added to Eclair:
Contacts and accounts
Multiple accounts can be added to a device for email and contact synchronization, including Exchange accounts.
Quick Contact for Android provides instant access to a contact's information and communication modes. For example, a user can tap a contact photo and select to call, SMS, or email the person. Other applications such as Email, Messaging, and Calendar can also reveal the Quick Contact widget when you touch a contact photo or status icon.
- Exchange support.
- Combined inbox to browse email from multiple accounts in one page.
- Search functionality for all saved SMS and MMS messages.
- Auto delete the oldest messages in a conversation when a defined limit is reached.
- Built-in flash support
- Digital zoom
- Scene mode
- White balance
- Color effect
- Macro focus
Android virtual keyboard
- An improved keyboard layout to makes it easier to hit the correct characters and improve typing speed.
- The framework's multi-touch support ensures that key presses aren't missed while typing rapidly with two fingers.
- A smarter dictionary learns from word usage and automatically includes contact names as suggestions.
- Refreshed UI with actionable browser URL bar enables users to directly tap the address bar for instant searches and navigation.
- Bookmarks with web page thumbnails.
- Support for double-tap zoom.
- Support for HTML5: - Database API support, for client-side databases using SQL. - Application cache support, for offline applications. - Geolocation API support, to provide location information about the device. - tag support in fullscreen mode.
- Agenda view provides infinite scrolling.
- Events indicate the attending status for each invitee.
- Invite new guests to events.
Revamped graphics architecture for improved performance that enables better hardware acceleration.
- Bluetooth 2.1
- New BT profiles: Object Push Profile (OPP) and Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)