The "generic" tag for issues related to Bluetooth, a wireless technology for exchanging data over short distances. Whenever possible, please use the more specific tag *instead* if such exists, e.g. 'bluetooth-audio', or 'bluetooth-tethering'.
What is Bluetooth?
While most people know it has to do with "wireless data transmission", only few are aware whom it actually was named after: Harald Bluetooth, also known as king Harald I of Denmark, who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom. Bluetooth was supposed to do the same with communications protocols, uniting them into one universal standard.
Actually, Bluetooth is rather short-range compared with other wireless network standards, and has a limited bandwidth. You can think of it as being peer-to-peer, with the peers making each other known first (see: bluetooth-pairing) before they do any other interaction.
When should I use this tag?
If your issue is related to Bluetooth, and there is no other, more specialized tag (see below) fitting.
- bluetooth-audio: audio transmission via Bluetooth (generic)
- bluetooth-hsp: the Bluetooth Headset Profile
- bluetooth-le: the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol
- bluetooth-pairing: issues pairing two devices over Bluetooth
- bluetooth-tethering: sharing a data connection via Bluetooth