What is "data traffic"?
This of course refers to all traffic created by data transfers -- but usually means the data transfered via your provider's mobile network (i.e. mobile-data), as this is what's nibbeling at your data-plan. This includes background-data as well as explicitly triggered data transfers, such as e.g. downloads.
- data-connection: for issues with your mobile data connection
- data-plan: a fixed amount of data included with your regular fee
- data-traffic: amount of data transferred. Use this for questions/issues like finding out which app is eating up your data plan.
- wi-fi: using your home WiFi network
- bluetooth: another wireless technology, but limited to short distances.
- usb: this can also be used to transfer data, but is not wireless.
- mobile-data: transferring data via your mobile data connection (2g/3g/4g)
- background-data: Data transferred in the background, i.e. without explicitly being triggered. This usually includes things like synchronizing your calendar and contact data.