What is a force-close?
If an application encounters an unexpected state or some other programming error, it will issue an force close. In most cases you will be presented with a form that allows you to send log files and the cause of the force close to the developer. Doing so will help the developer to fix the bug.
- if it happens rarely, you might be able to "ignore" it. Contact the app's developer if it repeats from time to time. An extract of the logcat might be helpful to locate the issue.
- if it persists: a reboot might solve it
- if it still persists in a loop, preventing you accessing the device otherwise, and the app in question is one you installed yourself, you can boot into safe-mode and remove that app
- if instead it's a system app, a factory-reset might be needed
- if your device is rooted, you might boot to recovery-mode and "Wipe Cache" before going to factory-reset. If this works out, you won't lose any data.