The HTC Desire (codenamed Bravo) is a smartphone developed by HTC and released in 2010. Only add a device tag if your question is truly about your make and model, not just related!
HTC Desire received several OTA updates to Android 2.2 during 2010. An update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread has been available on developer.htc.com as a RUU since the August 2011.
Internally HTC Desire bears a strong resemblance to the Nexus One, but differs in some features.
- A different body shell
- An optical trackpad in place of the trackball
- Hardware function buttons instead of touch-sensitive buttons
- FM radio activated (FM radio in Nexus One is disabled by default but can be activated through hacked firmware)
- No second microphone for enhanced noise cancellation
- No dock pin connectors, instead micro-USB is used
- 576 MB DRAM instead of 512 MB DRAM
- Dual band HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100, 850/2100 or 850/1900 MHz depending on vendor instead of 850/1900/2100 tri band
- HTC Sense interface (not present in the Nexus One)