Questions with this tag cover issues of system integrity; viruses, scamware, and other malware; information privacy; and other related issues.
For more in-depth Android security issues, you may find IT Security more appropriate.
- 2-step-verification: adding a security level using Google's 2 Step Verification
- antivirus: Fighting trojans and other malware with so-called "anti-virus" apps
- lost-phone: how to find, recover data (see also: data-recovery), or remotely wipe (see also: remote-wipe) a lost device
- malware: questions regarding viruses, trojan horses, spyware, and other malicious software, especially in removing or preventing it
- password: issues with password protection. Also see: gmail-password
- permissions: questions concerning permissions Android apps request (do not confuse with file-permissions)
- privacy: questions related to enforcing your privacy on Android devices
- remote-wipe: completely wipe your device remotely in case it was lost/stolen
- side-loading: installing apps from so-called unknown-sources, i.e. 3rd parties outside the google-play-store, might imply security risks
Recommended readings on our site
- What are the security disadvantages of rooting an Android phone?
- Are the apps safe? How can I make my Android more secure?
- What do the permissions that applications require mean?
- My android phone was stolen. How worried should I be with all my google data inside the phone?
- I have sold my phone on eBay. What should I do before I send it off?
- Just how secure is a pattern lock?
- Security risks of “Open Wi-Fi Networks”
- check the most frequented tab of this tag :)
- Best practices for securing an android device (Security.SE)
- Security implications of rooting your android phone (Security.SE)