Short for "synchronize", this tag is for questions about synchronizing an Android device with "the Cloud" or simply with other devices. Please use the more specific tags if your issue is with e.g. 'active-sync' (MSExchange) or 'rsync' (see full tag wiki for details).
Short for "synchronize", this tag is for questions about synchronizing an Android device with "the Cloud" or simply with other devices, such as e.g.
- your computer
- directly synchronize with other android devices (without an intermediate server)
- cloud services such as Dropbox, OwnCloud, etc.
Data to be synchronized can be e.g.
- single files
- entire directories
- contacts/calendar/tasks/... (PIM)
Note however that we have separate tags for:
- active-sync: Synchronization with Microsoft Exchange services and the like
- rsync: Synchronizing files/directories using the
- htc-sync-3.0: HTC's own synchronization service
- btsync: Syncing via Bluetooth
Selected "hot questions":
- Suggestions for syncing data to someone besides Google? Funambol?
- What Android sync'd data is encrypted?
- How can I sync my Outlook calendar with my Android phone calendar?
- How to sync contacts and calendar with Linux system, without using Gmail?
- Application for automatic synchronization of remote folders?
- Sync setup question: will Android, Outlook 2010, Gmail, calendar and contacts sync?
- How can I control the frequency of synchronization with Google?
- How to sync calendar with android without google?