Short for "synchronize", this tag is for questions about synchronizing an Android device with "the Cloud" or simply with other devices, such as e.g.
- your computer
- directly synchronize with other android devices (without an intermediate server)
- cloud services such as Dropbox, OwnCloud, etc.
Data to be synchronized can be e.g.
- single files
- entire directories
- contacts/calendar/tasks/... (PIM)
Note however that we have separate tags for:
- active-sync: Synchronization with Microsoft Exchange services and the like
- rsync: Synchronizing files/directories using the
- htc-sync-3.0: HTC's own synchronization service
Selected "hot questions":
- Suggestions for syncing data to someone besides Google? Funambol?
- What Android sync'd data is encrypted?
- How can I sync my Outlook calendar with my Android phone calendar?
- How to sync contacts and calendar with Linux system, without using Gmail?
- Application for automatic synchronization of remote folders?
- Sync setup question: will Android, Outlook 2010, Gmail, calendar and contacts sync?
- How can I control the frequency of synchronization with Google?
- How to sync calendar with android without google?