This tag is used for questions that are about updates to the operating system or updates to individual applications. In general, the OS being updated to, or the name of the application, should also be tagged.
Before you submit your question, to avoid it from being closed as duplicate, you might want to check the following questions:
- How do I update the OS on my device?
- Will factory resetting my device remove the Android upgrade?
- How can I make Android remember default apps after upgrades?
Other frequently asked questions on this topic can be found following the faq link when hovering over the tag.
As always, you can find related questions by simply clicking on the tag. Here are some other tags with related questions:
- application-autoupdate: issues with the auto-update mechanism for apps which the playstore offers
- ota-update: issues concerning the "Over-The-Air" updates as offered by providers or manufacturers
- rom-flashing: issues with flashing new/different ROMs to your device
Specific version updates
- When will my device get the Android L update?
- When will my device get the Android 4.4 update (KitKat)?
- When will my device get the Android 4.3 update (Jelly Bean)?
- When will my device get the Android 4.2 update (Jelly Bean)?
- When will my device get the Android 4.1 update (Jelly Bean)?
- When will my device get the Android 4.0 update (Ice Cream Sandwich)?
- When will my device get the Android 3.x update (Honeycomb)?
- When will my phone get the Android 2.3 update (Gingerbread)?
- When will my phone get the Android 2.2 update (FroYo)?