Bounty Ended with 25 reputation awarded by Community
2 added 605 characters in body
source | link

After some poking around it would appear that in this case the browser is not identifying itself as running on an Android device. I put the useragentstring you supplied into useragentstring.com and in the operating system details field it tells me;

Operating System: 
Linux
running on a Intel CPU
running on a 64 bit processor

If I enter the useragentstring for the stock browser on my HTC One I get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

and on Chrome mobile browser I also get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

I would suggest asking the user of the device to clear data/cache and see if the problem persists. I can't imagine Samsung would have their browser setup like this by default.

EDIT: Also just found here that the useragentstring for the S4 should be something along the lines of;

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; nl-nl; GT-I9505 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

which is nothing like what you posted. If anyone on AE with an S5 could post their useragentstring (can get it from here) that would be useful, unless you know anyone else with an S5 where you could check against.

EDIT2: FYI, the useragentstring for my stock browser on my HTC is;

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-gb; HTC_One Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

and for Chrome;

Mozilla/5.0 (Lunix; U; Android 4.4.2; HTC One Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36

After some poking around it would appear that in this case the browser is not identifying itself as running on an Android device. I put the useragentstring you supplied into useragentstring.com and in the operating system details field it tells me;

Operating System: 
Linux
running on a Intel CPU
running on a 64 bit processor

If I enter the useragentstring for the stock browser on my HTC One I get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

and on Chrome mobile browser I also get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

I would suggest asking the user of the device to clear data/cache and see if the problem persists. I can't imagine Samsung would have their browser setup like this by default.

After some poking around it would appear that in this case the browser is not identifying itself as running on an Android device. I put the useragentstring you supplied into useragentstring.com and in the operating system details field it tells me;

Operating System: 
Linux
running on a Intel CPU
running on a 64 bit processor

If I enter the useragentstring for the stock browser on my HTC One I get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

and on Chrome mobile browser I also get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

I would suggest asking the user of the device to clear data/cache and see if the problem persists. I can't imagine Samsung would have their browser setup like this by default.

EDIT: Also just found here that the useragentstring for the S4 should be something along the lines of;

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.2.2; nl-nl; GT-I9505 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

which is nothing like what you posted. If anyone on AE with an S5 could post their useragentstring (can get it from here) that would be useful, unless you know anyone else with an S5 where you could check against.

EDIT2: FYI, the useragentstring for my stock browser on my HTC is;

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-gb; HTC_One Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

and for Chrome;

Mozilla/5.0 (Lunix; U; Android 4.4.2; HTC One Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36

1
source | link

After some poking around it would appear that in this case the browser is not identifying itself as running on an Android device. I put the useragentstring you supplied into useragentstring.com and in the operating system details field it tells me;

Operating System: 
Linux
running on a Intel CPU
running on a 64 bit processor

If I enter the useragentstring for the stock browser on my HTC One I get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

and on Chrome mobile browser I also get:

Operating System: 
Android
version 4.4.2

I would suggest asking the user of the device to clear data/cache and see if the problem persists. I can't imagine Samsung would have their browser setup like this by default.