I have a Note 3 (N9005) with 3.co.uk ROM Kitkat-updated automatically by note 3. it has the following software spec:
PDA/ AP (firmware build version) :N9005XXUGNH1 MODEM/CP(baseband or modem version) : N9005XXUGNH1 CSC(Consumer Software Customization): N9005H3GGNI1
The phone does not allow rooting by any method, CF or Towelroot so I tried to go back to Jellybean through stock Jellybean using ODIN 3.09. Odin showed RESET but post rebooting original ROM was shown as above with no change. But when I tried Towelroot it worked and root checker showed it as rooted.
Following things were observed:
- KNOX is still shown as 0x0 in flashing mode, but Knox does not start at all.
- Samsung Kies3 has stopped recognising the phone.
- A security notice pops up in notifications area saying unauthorized actions detected.
- No other malfunction in the phone.
- Even after removing Towelroot through SuperSU the security warning keeps popping up.
My question is :
- Can I flash the same ROM with the above AP/CP/CSC, downloaded from Sammobile to get the phone back to original condition to remove the security alert and restore Knox?
- Alternatively Can I flash Vodaphone UK Kitkat ROM for N9005 on this 3.co.uk Kitkat ROM?
- Will the new update to Lollipop by the phone thorugh aotomatic updates remove the problem?
- Can I flash vodaphone Lollipop UK ROM for n9005 on this phone having 3.co.uk ROM?
Any help is greatly appreciated and would add to my knowledge too, thanks everyone.