This might sound a little crazy, but I'd like to sync my entire Google Play Music collection to my external SD card on my Galaxy S5. Is there a setting in Google Play Music which will sync everything? I know I can specify where I'd like things to go, but is there a global sync all setting?
If I have well understood your question, I will recommend you to have a look at this question where I have explained how to do what you want : sync your music on your local storage.
There is an auto playlist called "Recently added", if you sync that it will contain your entire library.
- Step 1: Go to the play music desktop site
- Step 2: click the 3 bar menue on the top left
- Step 3: Scroll down until you find "Download Library"
- Step 4: click download
- Step 5: save the files wherever you want them.
This is not correct answer, as it is not sync and it could be hard work. But probably best what man can do.
You can download for offline use every playlist available on the device (Download in context menu of the playlist). Problem is that playlist is limited to size of thousand songs. So what you can do:
- if having 500 songs or less => download
Last addedsongs playlist
- if having 1000 songs or less =>
Shuffle allsongs and then save that queue as playlist => download the playlist
if having more, more work is needed:
- Use web UI of Play Music, switch to all songs and create one playlist for every ~1000 songs. You can choose one song by click, and last by shift+click. Then right click "Add to playlist/new".
- On phone, download playlists.
- Also choose of download for Last added playlist, so new (up to 500 new) added songs are downloaded automatically.
- Periodically add songs of
Last addedplaylist into other non-full playlist selected for download. You have to do this at least every 500 new songs – so probably not so often. ;)
I just found a solution that is not so clean but works. Using the web interface, in the tag where there are all your songs you can select packs of them using shift-click an add them to a play list.(you have to do groups of 1000 songs because is the maximum) then you have a free play list containing all your library is easy to sync in your phone.