I see that you can send a media file on BlackBerry. Can I do the same thing on Android?
Yes you can send a mp3 file through WhatsApp in Android.
- Go to a private chat/group chat where you want to send the mp3 file.
Find the clip icon in the top right corner of the chat.
Tap it and a menu looking like this will pop up.
Choose "Audio" and then choose "Choose Music Track" (Play Music app) or from a third party music app.
- Choose the track you wish to send and then confirm.
- The mp3 file will be received (by default) in
Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Audio
Alternative Solution #1,
- Locate the mp3 file you wish to send in a file explorer.
- Depending on the file explorer, either long-clicking or choosing options will give you a menu with all operations such as cut, copy, rename, details, share (or send).
- Choose share (or send) and then choose WhatsApp from the pop-up menu.
- Now choose the contact you wish to send to and confirm.
Alternative solution #2,