I plan to purchase a new micro SD card for my phone, I use app2SD for most of my programs, so what I wonder is what will happen if I get the new SD card, will I be able to copy the content of the old card onto the new card and still operate the phone as if nothing was changed?
Yes, I did that myself, like this:
- power the phone off and remove the old SD card
- mount the old SD on a PC, copy its entire contents somewhere on your hard disk
- mount the new SD card on a PC, format it as FAT or FAT32 (make sure it's the same file-system as the old one)
- copy the contents of the old SD card onto the new one
- insert the new SD card into the phone, power it on.
I don't actually know for sure, but you can certainly test it out. You can turn on USB debugging, which will let you mount your phone as any other external drive, or you can get a micro-SD adaptor if you have an SD slot already.
It should just work.