I plan to purchase a new micro SD card for my phone, I use app2SD for most of my programs, so what I wonder is what will happen if I get the new SD card, will I be able to copy the content of the old card onto the new card and still operate the phone as if nothing was changed?
Yes, I did that myself, like this:
- power the phone off and remove the old SD card
- mount the old SD on a PC, copy its entire contents somewhere on your hard disk
- mount the new SD card on a PC, format it as FAT or FAT32 (make sure it's the same file-system as the old one)
- copy the contents of the old SD card onto the new one
- insert the new SD card into the phone, power it on.