I ended up stepping on my phone and cracking it to the point where I can see ink (liquid) coming out of the cracks. I need to know if there's some way I can get back photos and files off of it. There are a couple of catches though:
- The phone is locked by a pattern
- The screen is completely broken, does not respond to touch.
- The panel (home, back, search) is broken, and does not light up.
- Sound does not work (hitting the volume up button to the max does not make the beep I am accustomed to, and the start up noise does not play).
- It does not show up with ADB (even after installing the "universal ADB drivers")
- When I plug it in, it shows up in the explorer, but no files are visible.
- It shows up in Kies, but again, it's locked.
- Most of these files were stored on the internal memory, as I let my girlfriend use my SD card.
- MOBOROBO does not recognize that a device is connected.
- The USB A Male to USB B Micro adapter does not work, and keyboard input and mouse input don't work.
- Bluetooth was not on before it broke (and is still not on).
- Wifi was not on, and is still not on.
- I did not have a Samsung account associated with my phone, so I am unable to unlock it via the Samsung website.
Is there any way that I can retrieve any data? I think I've nearly exhausted all of the suggestions I've seen (e.g. from the broken-screen tag-wiki). I did have Lookout installed, and I told it to backup the data (I was able to scream with the device somehow), but it hasn't showed up yet.