My phone was stolen recently, and I'm trying to use my wife's old S2 as a temporary replacement. She had a password screenlock, and she can't remember what it was. When I put in my new SIM, the screenlock is still there. Is there a way to get around it?
This might work:
- From your computer, open Play Store:Android Device Manager.
- Log in from the same Google ID which you used to set up your phone.
- Click on Install and select the locked phone. In few minutes, your Android Device Manager will be installed on your phone.
- Now open Android Device Manager with your computer.
- There will be a button named Lock. Click that and set up a custom password and finish by clicking Lock.
- The screen lock will be replaced by the custom password you just set up.
- Voila! Use the password and unlock your phone!