Is it possible to block calls starting with a specific number? For instance, I want to block calls from numbers starting with 1408 as they are all spam calls. The digits following these four, keep changing.
If you're looking for a free and ad-free/in-app-purchase-free app, you can use the open-source NoPhoneSpam, which is available on F-Droid (though not Google Play). It supports blocking calls from individual numbers and from numbers that match a pattern with wildcards.
This is especially useful for blocking "prefix spoofing" calls, that appear to start with the area code and exchange (next 3 digits) of your phone number, but really are from random law-breaking telemarketer bots.
TrueCaller also allows this. Steps to take on an Android phone:
- Open TrueCaller
- View my block list
- Press the plus button in bottom-right
- Block a number series
- Enter the first six of your number
I only found ONE call blocker that is capable to block patterns (which is important for me). It is embware Call Blocker, it can block or enable numbers with Match criteria: starts with, ends with, or include specific numbers.
- install F-Droid (FOSS/Open Source store) https://f-droid.org/docs/Get_F-Droid/
- install NoPhoneSpam by searching from F-Droid
- add rules from within the app to block the blocs needed in your country, for France:
- France: :
0162, 0163, 0270, 0271, 0377, 0378, 0424, 0425, 0568, 0569, 0948, 0949
- Guadeloupe, Saint-Martin et Saint-Barthélemy :
- Guyane :
- Martinique :
- La Réunion and Mayotte :