I have a Moto E and I want to root it so I can have more access. I can't link my SD card to my apps or connect SD or hotspot because it says I don't have root permission.
Follow steps below:
This will void your warranty!
You need a custom recovery installed like TWRP
How to Root Motorola Moto E
- From here download the SuperSU app file.Place this file on your computer, preferable on desktop – don’t unzip it.
- Then connect your Moto E with your PC by plugging in the USB cord.
- Up next, transfer the root file from desktop to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord and turn off your device.
- Enter recovery mode on your Motorola Moto E.
- Then from recovery select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the root file which you have downloaded before and flash the same on your Moto E.
- Wait while the installation procedure is being completed.
- In the end select “reboot system now” and you are done.
More information: http://www.android.gs/root-motorola-moto-e/