From famous and "trusted" android apps to not so famous and "risky" apps:
- What actions can be triggered by clicking on an advertisement inside the application ?
- Could just that click install a virus to your smartphone or tamper with your smartphones settings, or maybe the standardization of the ads by Google Play prevent this from happening ?
- I have found a way to prevent URL redirection and that's by not setting the default Browser app. Therefore, when clicking to an ad, I get prompt to choose my preferred browser. If I press the back button, nothing executes or am I wrong ?
- Are there other actions apart from URL redirections or redirections to the Google Play store ?
- Does different Android Version behave differently as to clicking an ad ? if so what's the reaction for every different Android Version ?
- I am not looking a way to block the advertisements. I want to know the possible actions that can be triggered by clicking an ad.
- We also assume that the smartphone is NOT rooted.