I am having this weird problem with my Vega Iron since a couple of days. Past 2 days the battery was down and phone shut off. I put it to charging and when I came back after couple of hours, the led indicated green and I pulled it out of charging and powered on. Since then, the phone is not working normal.
- It does not show/connect to cell network, thus cannot call or sms
- If I try to go to mobile network settings option, the phone hangs (white blank page then black blank page) and I can only manage to get away by using task manager (after pressing back and home keys few times, it shows me the recent tasks where I can close the settings page)
- The phone hangs every now and then. For e.g. if I hit power once to close the display, then hit again to open, it takes couple of minutes before it can come back to life
- I tried the phone secret info menu
*#*#4636#*#*then "Phone information", but the same happens and it hangs.
- I tried the secret UMTS menu (
##7593#), and it opens with a message "ril socket is not available", if I click the network option (that sets automatic/wcdma/gsm/etc) then same message that ril socket is not available
I tried all this:
- Phone restart
- Batter removed and then put in again
- Sim card and SD card removed
- Airplane mode turned on (even on airplane mode, the phone hangs)
- Factory reset
The phone battery drains very quick and gets hot as well. I guess phone trying to access RILD again and again.
Is there some way this can be fixed, or at least the RIL call events be shut down? Could the phone be set to work without radio?