The following are the steps I took to get Google apps (Playstore mainly) on my Galaxy Mega 5.8
- Downloaded APKs for: Google Services Framework, Google Login Service, Google Play.
- Using Root Explorer, I moved all three APKs to the system/app folder.
- I changed the file permissions to match other items in the folder.
- Reboot. (Saw "Optimizing apps 3/3")
- Opened the Play Store and was prompted to log in.
During the process of logging in, a message, "Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped". This message appears periodically, until eventually "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped". When I try to open it again, I get a server error.
This phone did not come with any Google apps including the Play Store.
Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Update: I'm not using any custom ROMs. I'd appreciate instructions on how to flash G-apps as well! My current software version is 4.2.2
I can't seem to boot into Recovery mode. Pressing the Power Button + Volume Up + Home Button simply boots up the device normally.