I have a Samsung phone and would like to update it because there already is an update. However when I try to update my phone it says I already have the latest update. How can I update my phone?
The time that it takes to receive the update on your phone can take some time because it will vary per device.
If Samsung will let everyone update their phone at the same time when the update is available then their servers will crash because everyone is downloading the update at the same time.
To solve this problem you can update your phone with Samsung Kies. Just follow the steps below:
Note: This will require a PC with Windows or Mac.
- Download Samsung Kies from their official website here: Samsung Kies Download
- Now install Samsung Kies
- When finished installing, connect your phone to your PC with an USB cable.
- Wait till the device is recognized by Samsung Kies.
- Now Samsung Kies should give a notification that there is an OTA update available.
- Do not disconnect your phone while it is installing the update!
- Enjoy your updated Samsung phone.