The alarm on my Samsung Note 3 makes no sound. Things that I've tried to resolve the issue:
- Ensure that the phone is not in silent mode.
- Ensure that bluetooth is not enabled, so the sound does not go to i.e. a headset.
- Ensure that all the volume sliders are up (Ring, Media, Messages, System).
- No task killer apps in use.
- The alarm's volume is set as high as possible and the Alarm Type is "sound".
- The alarm's sound is the default Samsung alarm sound Morning Flower.
- No location-, time-, or event- based applications such as Tasker, Llama, or IFTTT are installed.
- The setting
Settings > Accessibility > Turn off all soundsis not set. In fact, other sounds (such as ringing) function as expected.
I see that the alarm 'goes off' in the sense that the screen shows an alarm event occurring which I can either close or put to sleep. However, no sound is produced. What else should I check? The phone is running the stock OS (Android KitKat 4.4.2) and is not rooted.
Additional informations as per the comments:
- None of the alarm sounds play. I'm not sure where to find them outside the Alarm application. Additionally, custom sounds do not play either, even though I can play them outside the Alarm application.
- The Lollipop update has issues that I do not want to deal with, thus I intend on staying with 4.4 until the unrelated Lollipop issues are dealt with in a future 5.x update.
- I know of no special circumstances during which the alarm will sound. It hasn't made a peep in the few weeks that I've been trying to use it. I know that it did work when the phone was new (one year ago) but until recently I had no need to use the Alarm so I haven't used it in some time.
- I have tweaked just about every combination of variables, and nothing makes the alarm sound properly. However, the preview sound does play when selecting the alarm sound.
- I have not tried any other alarm apps. I do not install many applications on this device, and I will not go installing and uninstalling applications precariously, rather, I prefer to fix what is already installed on the device.
- When pressing the Volume Up key, the Alarm seems to stop. It is the same effect as selecting the end alarm function
- I have cleared the data from the Clock app. This removed all current alarms, and the new alarm rings! Please make this comment an answer so that I could accept it.