I got an old HTC Wildfire S from someone, without a SIM card, but I won't need one since I'll only be using this for testing purposes. Now the first thing I did was give it a hard reset to get rid of all his old stuff, his Google account etc.
Maybe I shouldn't have. Or maybe I should have backed up everything first. So it's really my fault. Anyway, this is what I have now.
- The home screen is black. There's nothing on it, no background image, no icons, nothing
- There is no keyboard. Tapping in a text field does nothing
- In Settings, many items give the error "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly"
- I can't connect to my Wifi, because the WPS button doesn't do anything. (And I can't type in the password to my modem manually, because there is no keyboard to type on.)
- Restart > Recovery no longer works properly; this does the same as a normal Restart instead of booting into the Recovery console
So, does anybody recognise these problems, and do you have any idea what I can do about them?