I messed up bad and lost all my contacts/messages when I tried to install another OS on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Now I have gotten the operating system back and Samsung Account let me retrieve my messages.
But not my contacts. I've checked all my Google accounts that I might have had synced on the phone using my PC web browser, but none of them had any contacts.
Is there any way to restore my contacts via Samsung? Or any chance I could restore them another way?
If anyone cares to hear the (almost) whole story in short:
- I decided to change OS and so I rooted the phone (never done any of this before) and made backups with Titanium Backup (TiBa).
- I couldn't restore the contacts to the new OS with TiBa, guessing because it was only for the old OS.
- So I reinstalled my old OS but it wouldn't boot so I had to do a factory reset as well. Which I heard would leave my data on the SD card untouched.
- Well it didn't. So I lost my backups as well. I should have moved it to the computer, but I was lazy and had already started to install the old OS.
- Luckily, I can at least get all my messages back because of the synced data.
Edit: Ah, also, before I did any other backup (which I lost) I did copy everything from my phone to my PC using Windows Explorer, but I don't think that included my contacts. I have a folder
.../Android/data/com.android.contacts but it's empty except for an empty cache folder.